Sunday, May 29, 2011

Orange Deliciousness



I really love breakfast foods. There's something very comforting about warm, tasty breakfast on a leisurely weekend morning. French toast is one of my favorite splurges. There are so many ways to make it, so I like trying new ways. When I discovered this Grand Marnier French Toast recipe from Bon Appetit on Epicurious.com, I could not resist!

The only thing that would have made this better is if it was stuffed, and if I used richer bread, like challah or brioche. Even with standard whole grain white bread I substituted for french, it hit the spot!  The flavor from the orange rind and orange liqueur really make this basic french toast DELISH. And, of course, the creaminess of the half-and-half doesn't hurt, either.

Surprisingly, I have yet to get syrup in my hair. Just this past week, I managed to get balsamic syrup all over my jeans. It's one thing if I'm wiping sticky hands on the front of my jeans while I cook. However, I managed getting this sticky syrup all over my rear, and subsequently, on one of our bar stools after I sat down. Fortunately, a little stain remover saved my jeans! But I digress...

While Bon App suggested serving this french toast with canadian bacon (yum), I had turkey bacon on hand and it was great. Perfect meal for an oh so rainy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment