Sunday, November 6, 2011

Red Velvet Waffles


On a Sunday morning, making red velvet waffles for breakfast is probably as sinful as it gets! I love breakfast foods, and couldn't resist The Baker's Pantry Red Velvet Pancake and Waffle Mix I found at World Market yesterday. It is all natural, and there are also meyer lemon and pumpkin flavors. Thankfully, one batch only made three waffles (or perhaps four if I didn't waste some of the batter). One waffle was plenty ~ very filling. They were really pretty good, and had a cake-like consistency. I only wish we had fresh whipped cream to top them off!


This isn't something I would make every day, but definitely a great decadent splurge for a special occasion like Christmas or Valentine's Day. Though they were easy to make, I still managed to make a hot mess in the kitchen. In no time, there was bright red batter oozing out of the waffle maker. Enter aftermath here... 


Fortunately, the mess doesn't matter if it tastes good in the end!  

No comments:

Post a Comment